The mission of One Valley Community Foundation is to connect people who care to causes that matter to build a better community. That is why, in 2015, we created Give Big Gallatin Valley, a 24-hour celebration of giving to connect neighbors with the nonprofits doing life-changing work within their communities.
From the unimaginable demand on our healthcare system and impact on local businesses to the new social isolation norms, COVID-19 has changed our lives and will have lasting impacts on our community. We know that uncertain times like these can be extraordinarily challenging for our community - and the nonprofits that support it.
Over the past year, many nonprofits have increased services, taken a hit financially, and had to cancel important events, programs and other income-generating opportunities. That is why Give Big is more important than ever. Though Give Big will be held completely online, we will come together as a community to support our nonprofits and raise unrestricted funding for their causes.
We hope to inspire 7,000 community members to find causes they care about and donate. For as little as $10, your donation during Give Big will help nonprofits raise important, unrestricted funding, so every single donation matters - and your donations go further through Give Big with Matches and Prizes added to a nonprofits total!
Why donate during Give Big?
- All gifts are 100% tax-deductible and will be for the unrestricted use by our local nonprofits.
- Donations go further through Give Big:
- Prizes: Throughout the day, nonprofits will have the opportunity to have extra funds added to their totals.
- Matches: Many organizations have secured matching gifts from partners to help them make the most of Give Big. Giving during Give Big might double or even quadruple your donation!
Ways to get involved:
- Donate to a local organization on May 6th & 7th at GiveBigGV.org.
- Be a Peer-to-Peer fundraiser for an organization you care about. Not able to donate financially this year but still want to help a nonprofit reach their goals? Consider signing up as a Peer-to-Peer fundraiser!
- Help spread the word - share the initiative with your community!
- Find a volunteer opportunity on your favorite organization’s profile at GiveBigGV.org
- Share Give Big or news about a cause you care about on social media