The mission of the Bozeman Area Community Foundation is to connect people who care to causes that matter to build a better community. That is why, in 2015, we created Give Big Gallatin Valley, a 24-hour celebration of giving to connect neighbors with the nonprofits doing life-changing work within their communities.
From the unimaginable demand on our healthcare system and impact on local businesses to the new social isolation norms, COVID-19 has changed our lives and will have lasting impacts on our community. We know that uncertain times like these can be extraordinarily challenging for our community - and the nonprofits that support it.
Over the past several weeks, many nonprofits have increased services, taken a hit financially, and had to cancel important events, programs and other income-generating opportunities. That is why Give Big is more important than ever. But, Give Big will look a little different this year. For the past five years, Give Big has been an online and in-person celebration of giving for local nonprofits - many of you gave at Donor Lounges around the county, donated in person through our Check Donation Station, or joined us at our Finale Party to celebrate together. While we are not able to come together in person for Give Big this year, on April 30th & May 1st, we will come together for the 6th Annual Give Big Gallatin Valley initiative, entirely online.
We hope to inspire over 5,000 community members to find causes they care about and donate. For as little as $10, your donation during Give Big will help nonprofits raise important, unrestricted funding, so every single donation matters - and your donations go further through Give Big with Matches and Prizes added to a nonprofits total!
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) Charitable Giving Incentive: An above-the-line charitable deduction (universal or non-itemizer deduction that applies to all taxpayers) for total charitable contributions of up to $300. The incentive would be claimed on tax forms next year.
- Donations go further through Give Big:
- Prizes: Throughout the day, nonprofits will have the opportunity to have extra funds added to their totals. For example, 1 randomly selected donor will have $1,000 added to their gift in the first hour (6-7pm April 30th) of Give Big!
- Matches: Many organizations have secured matching gifts from partners to help them make the most of Give Big. Giving during Give Big might double or even quadruple your donation!
- Donate to a local organization on April 30th & May 1st at GiveBigGV.org.
- Be a Peer-to-Peer fundraiser for an organization you care about. Not able to donate financially this year but still want to help a nonprofit reach their goals? Consider signing up as a Peer-to-Peer fundraiser!
- Help spread the word - share the initiative with your community!
- Find a volunteer opportunity on your favorite organization’s profile at GiveBigGV.org
- Share Give Big or news about a cause you care about on social media.
- By doing so, a nonprofit you support might win the Newsworthy & Star Donor Prizes - check them out here!