Give Big Gallatin Valley Business Fundraiser Toolkit
What is a business fundraiser?
Give Big’s Business Fundraiser feature allows your business to have a profile on GiveBigGV.org that highlights your community impact and shows your team’s generosity. During Give Big, employees will select your company during their donation check-out process, and their gift will be counted toward your business's fundraising goals.
Why should your business participate?
Visibility: By participating as a Business Fundraiser, thousands of community members will see your company on GiveBigGV.org.
Reach new clients: Showcasing why your company cares about the community can help draw in new clients. Get your business name out to the community by being featured on a website with over 153,000 page views during Give Big 2021.
Employee morale: Bring your entire team together around a common goal to impact their community. Employees can feel more connected to your mission and a sense of satisfaction as they join you in giving back - connecting them with causes they care about.
Make employee matching easy: Does your company offer employee donation matching? Utilizing Give Big fundraisers will streamline the process for your HR team as all of the donation information will be in one place.
How can I be successful in spreading philanthropy to my employees and customers? Check out the Business Toolkit below for ideas on running a successful fundraiser. We've supplied marketing resources, communication templates, and ideas around incentives and celebrations to engage your employees and customers in giving and how they can further spread your message to their networks.
Want to see who else is involved in the Give Big Gallatin Valley community? Find your favorite participating organizations here and participating businesses here.
How to get involved:
Ready to sign up? Follow these steps to get your business involved as a business fundraiser:
- Visit the Business Fundraiser page
- Click “Register Your Business”
- If you participated last year, select your business and update your profile. If not, scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Create a New One”.
- Assign a point person or a small team of employees who are excited and ready to lead the charge.
- Use our tools to create a plan that works for you and your organization’s capabilities and goals.
- Implement your plan and make sure you communicate the giving challenge to your employees in advance.
- Remind employees to select your business’ name from the dropdown menu when they donate online.
- Watch the GiveBigGV.org Business Fundraiser leaderboard and celebrate the generosity you have inspired.
Need more information?
Contact Jill Ellwood at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I run a successful fundraiser for my business?
The number one recommendation for running a successful fundraiser for Give Big Gallatin Valley is that you are truly celebrating and encouraging the act of philanthropy - big and small! Here are some tips, tricks, and ideas on how to encourage your employees and your customers to rally around philanthropy, and the single largest fundraiser in the your community community!
What incentives can I offer or celebrations can I plan for my employees or customers?
As you hit your giving day milestones or to just celebrate the giving spirit of Give Big Gallatin Valley, plan some fun and excitement in at your business or office on May 5th - 6th. We have some ideas below, but the sky's the limit in how you can engage your employees and customers, and encourage philanthropy on Give Big Gallatin Valley!
- Attire: Have a casual dress day so employees can dress to represent the agency or cause they care about.
- Competition: Have a competition between departments to see who can raise the most and offer a prize.
- Discounts: If you have a storefront, offer a percentage off of an item if they can show they gave (Give Big Gallatin Valley sends out a receipt to each donor for easy access on their phone!).
- Raffle: Offer a raffle, and every time a donor gives is an entry into the raffle.
Use some of these sample communications below to start spreading the word about your business's involvement in Give Big Gallatin Valley. When sharing on social media, make sure you're always using the official hashtag, #GiveBigGV to be included in the conversation!
Facebook and Twitter
Facebook is the most popular form of social media to share about participation in giving day - so make sure you're using it leading up to and on May 5th - 6th! You can use Facebook to share with employees and your customers how you're participating in Give Big Gallatin Valley and amplifying the giving efforts.
- Announce your participation: We are excited to announce our participating in #GiveBigGV on May 5th - 6th! Find out why we're participating on our page here: [YOUR BUSINESS LINK] and mark your calendars for May 5th - 6th to give to your favorite nonprofit!
- If you're offering a match: Today, our business is focused on improving on community by matching all our employees' gifts made to nonprofits through #GiveBigGV! There are over [X] number of nonprofits participating to improve the lives of our community members. Find your cause and give today, May 5th - 6th, at givebiggv.org.
- If you're offering an incentive to employees or customers: [Business Name] is supporting #GiveBigGV on May 5th - 6th and offering a gift basket to any customer that gives today. Stop on in today after you give through givebiggv.org and show us your receipt to be eligible!
- Celebrate the success you achieved for the day: Wow. We are in awe of the amazing employees and customers we have. Collectively, we were able to raise $X with X donors for the nonprofits participating in #GiveBigGV. We couldn't do this without all of you, and your amazing support of our community and the nonprofits you all chose to give to on Give Big Gallatin Valley. Thank you.
Share pictures of your business, employees, and customers participating in Give Big Gallatin Valley on Instagram. If you're having a dress-down day in the office, offering a raffle, or hosting (or encouraging attendance at) an event, share all of these events on Instagram! Make sure you're using the hashtag so people can keep up: #GiveBigGV!
Social media is a great tool for spreading the word to people that follow you on social media, however, there is no substitute for a direct, targeted email to your employees, customers, or even personal network. Consider sending emails that correspond to your social media activity, as well as directly targeted asks. Here is a sample email to get you thinking about how you want to spread the word!
Subject: Help us support the nonprofits who make this community great! Join [BUSINESS NAME] for #GiveBigGV
On May 5 – 6, businesses and individuals across our Gallatin Valley community will come together to support our local nonprofits during Give Big Gallatin Valley. We are so excited to be part of this exciting giving event as a business fundraiser to show everyone in the community how philanthropic our employees and customers are.
Haven’t heard about Give Big Gallatin Valley? Hosted by One Valley Community Foundation, Give Big is a 24-hour giving day that supports Gallatin County nonprofits who help make our community a great place to live! Last year alone, $2.7 million was raised for 210 organizations by 6,269 donors. You can head to givebiggv.org now to learn more about this amazing giving event.
[IF OFFERING MATCH]: Your donations to local nonprofits at givebiggv.org will be amplified because we are offering bonus dollars as an incentive to give. [Describe program here, i.e. dollar for dollar, up to a certain amount, lump sum to reach the goal, etc.] There are many ways to participate - spread the word about this amazing event, become a fundraiser for your favorite nonprofit, and donate on May 5 - 6. Make supporting your favorite cause unique to you!
To make sure your gift [is matched/is counted in our business's totals], follow these steps:
- Find your favorite nonprofit: Visit givebiggv.org to search hundreds of participating nonprofits in our community.
- Commit to a nonprofit: You can start donating as soon as the site opens on May 5th. Remember to select [Business Name] at checkout!
- Spread the word: Let your network know about Give Big Gallatin Valley and who you are supporting. Follow @GiveBigGV on Instagram and use the hashtag #GiveBigGV in your posts to be part of the conversation.
For questions about Give Big Gallatin Valley and how you can get involved, please visit givebiggv.org or contact [Business Name].