Give Big Events
Give Big is a celebration, so let's celebrate! This year, Give Big will include both collaborative kick-off events and events hosted by nonprofits. On Thursday, May 2nd, join for your local Give Big Fest! On May 3rd, nonprofits are invited to host their own events throughout the county.
Learn more about both below!
Give Big Fest
To mark ten years of giving, we're partnering with community leaders to host Give Big Fest on Thursday evening, May 2nd. Instead of one big party, five towns in Gallatin County will host unique collaborative events, from barbecues to carnivals.
To cultivate a sense of community and bring all nonprofit supporters together, Give Big Fests will be the only events allowed on Thursday evening. If your organization would like to host an event, you can do so on Friday, May 3rd (with the exception of 24-hour events occurring for all of Give Big).
To participate in Give Big Fest, contact your town's team leader and RSVP for your local Give Big Fest by Friday, March 29th. Stay tuned for finalized times and more details. Let's celebrate Gallatin County's generosity and the incredible work of local nonprofits together!
Nonprofit Hosted Events
If your organization would like to, you may plan an event during the Friday (May 3rd) of Give Big. You can invite supporters, volunteers, board members, the community at large, other nonprofits, neighbors, etc., to celebrate Give Big and the work being done by the nonprofit sector.
Hosting an event? We will help you promote it! Submit your event by clicking the button below, and we will share it across our platforms.
How will events be promoted?
- One Valley Community Foundation will include donor lounge information in the Bozeman Daily Chronicle Giving Guide on Saturday, April 27th, IF information is submitted to One Valley via the events form by March 29th. Events submitted after March 29th will not be included in the Bozeman Daily Chronicle.
- GiveBigGV.org: Events submitted via the Give Big events form by April 24th will be listed on the events page on GiveBigGV.org.
- Promote them through your newsletters, social media channels, emails, etc.
- An open house at your space
- Partner with a local business, restaurant, or brewery to spread the word about your work and receive part of the proceeds from the day.
- A collaborative event with another nonprofit or a group of nonprofits
- Live music, performances, art classes, exercise classes, or a book reading
- Virtual info sessions and updates
- One Valley Community Foundation has taken out an additional insurance policy to cover One Valley’s liability for any events associated with Give Big. This policy only covers One Valley Community Foundation. It DOES NOT cover your organization or staff for events your organization is hosting.
- If you are hosting an event associated with Give Big, it is your responsibility to ensure your organization is properly insured.
- Check with your insurance agent to see if your general liability insurance covers the type of event you are hosting.
- If you are hosting an in-person event and do not have an insurance agent, consider eventsured.com or contact One Valley’s insurance agent, Andrew Colwell at email@example.com, who can help sell you a policy.
- Follow all applicable laws when planning and hosting events.
- If necessary, attain the proper permits and licenses to host whatever type of event you are hosting.
- Alcohol is allowed at events, but it may not but it may not be served to anyone under 21 years old.
- Please monitor COVID and any other potential health concerns and adapt events if necessary to keep our community safe. Refer to healthygallatin.org for up-to-date information.